Are YOU the next Versatile Blogger?
As I’ve only started this blog about a month and a half ago, you can imagine how thrilled I was when my friend Pete presented me the Versatile Blogger award. (If you picture a scrawny chick dancing around and chanting “I’m ver-sa-TILE! I’m ver-sa-TILE!” in an incredibly poor imitation of a Native American fire dance, you’ve got it.) I did that for a good two days or so, until my fiancée couldn’t stand it anymore and finally suggested that I go be versatile upstairs for a while. Then I got to thinking…what does it mean to be versatile in the blogosphere? I’m basically using UKate to document my journey to learn to survive and thrive with my new family in my new homeland, but perhaps there could be more to it than that? I’ll definitely have to give this some more thought. It’s entirely possible that through blogging, I can give myself at least a rudimentary education in the past, present and future of this part of the world.
In the meantime, I’ve been instructed that part of the process of accepting this award entails listing seven totally random facts about yourself. If the Oscars did that, I’d watch. So here goes:
1. I’ve dated an Olympic tri-athlete.
2. My red hair and large boobs are completely natural; my enthusiasm for haggis is definitely not.
3. I met Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey at a party once in Austin. Matthew was drunk and/or high and Sandra was incredibly polite, even when I went up to her and exploded into something like “Ohmygod, you’re so COOL!” Bless her heart, she responded with “Thank you, I’m sure you are too.”
4. I lived for several years in a community full of astronauts and rocket scientists and worked for NASA (briefly).
5. I have ruthlessly murdered umpteen million small aquatic creatures. When I was very small, my Nana would bring home bags of shrimp freshly caught on the boats. The bags often had little crabs and frogs in them, still alive. I was instructed to take those crabs and frogs outside and play with them ‘until their batteries ran out.’
6. I don’t like sticky.
7. I sing the French National Anthem loudly in moments of extreme victory, without the words but with a great deal of arm-waving. For more minor victories, I resort to Baby Got Back.
The very last step of accepting the Versatile Blogger award involves selecting a number of other blogs to pass it on to. I’ve been told that I can select anywhere from five to fifteen blogs, but I’m so very new to this entire universe that I don’t even follow that many! The blogs I follow the most regularly have already gotten the award. So, here’s my plan – I need to find ten good, solid, entertaining blogs to award. In order to find them, I would like for you to submit nominations of your favorite blogs, or perhaps your own! To submit, all you need to do is leave a comment at the end of this post with a link to the blog in question and a single line describing the blog in general. (I.e. This is the UKate blog, and she mainly writes a lot of drivel about visiting places in England.) The winners will be selected over the weekend. Easy peasy!
Thanks again to Pete for this award – I really am terribly excited about it and can’t wait to add the award icon to my blog page. I’m also looking forward to finding the next ten recipients of the Versatile Blogger Award!